The Beauty Benefits Of Eucalyptus
“Outside were the eucalyptus trees, like lace against the sky.”
If it were only possible to lie against them, light and bodiless, sink into their softness, deeper and deeper, lost in them, buried, never come back again…
– Shirley Jackson,The Road through the Wall, 1948
Beauty and Health Benefits of Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus is a genus of trees in the myrtle family, Myrtaceae. When we think of eucalyptus trees, we immediately think of the plant’s native habitat: Australia. Not only are the trees beautiful with their emerald leaves, but they are also the tallest flowering plants on earth . Also known as “gum trees,” due to the sticky sap that flows from the bark, they are, of course, a favorite of koalas.
The popularity of eucalyptus essential oil in skincare and beauty products also comes to mind. It has many uses and benefits when it comes to beauty, such as:
- It may help reduce the symptoms of acne and eczema.
- It may lighten and tighten skin.
- It’s a highly effective moisturizer.
Eucalyptus may be used topically, as a tea, and in aromatherapy.
Eucalyptus leaves have many health benefits, , including:
- They’re high in antioxidants and are an anti-inflammatory agent. Because of this, when the oil of the eucalyptus is inhaled, it may help to reduce pain.
- Relaxation: essential eucalyptus oil (especially when inhaled in aromatherapy) is thought to help diminish stress.
- A natural insect repellent: due to its eucalyptol content, eucalyptus oil helps to ward off mosquitoes along with other pesky insects.
- Because of its antibacterial properties,, eucalyptus oil is effective when used topically to treat minor wounds, cuts, and even cold sores.
A clean light soaked into the shaggy bark of a eucalyptus and it was a powerful thing to see, the whole tree glowed, it showed electric and intense, the branches ran to soft fire, the tree seemed revealed. – Don Delillo, Mao II, 1991
Luxurious Eucalyptus Products by Nabila K
(Nabila K’s “Voyager’s Garden shower gel)
- Voyager’s Garden Shower Gel, Shampoo , and Conditioner:: this trifecta of products combines luscious scents (including pomegranate, fig, olive, jasmine, rosemary, thyme, spearmint, pink grapefruit, lime, and eucalyptus) to accommodate all your needs. Now you can bathe and wash and condition your hair while fantasizing that you’re in a voyager’s garden filled with dew-covered leaves.
- Green Essence Glycerin Soap: this translucent bar of soap lathers like a dream. Vegetable-based glycerin soap is very good for the skin as it is all-natural, gentle and appropriate for all skin types. With refreshing notes of eucalyptus and mint, you’ll feel relaxed and revitalized after your shower.
- Sunshine Zest, Citrus & Eucalyptus Bubble Bath:there’s nothing more refreshing than a hot bubble bath filled with invigorating citrus fragrances—lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit—combined with hints of rosemary, thyme, olive, spearmint and, of course, eucalyptus.
- Eucalyptus Crisp Wipes: Nabila K’s moist towelettes not only smell wonderful, woody, and fresh but also gently refresh with the help of artisanal water. Combined with aloe and chamomile, these biodegradable wipes help retain the skin’s natural moisture and are ideal for a quick pick-me-up.
For more information on Nabila K’s luxurious products mentioned in this blog, consult NabilaK.com along with the websites listed below: