Make Any Picnic Extra Special With Nabila K Cosmetics
Nothing evokes the fun, lazy feeling of summer quite like a picnic with the family. Few things are better than lying in the grass on a blanket, staring up at the trees, and digging into a big basket for a treat. Checkered tablecloths, one-legged races, freshly mown lawns, and wildflower bouquets all make a picnic cozy and unforgettable. To evoke that feeling of fun—while adding a little glamour to the mix—try some of our favorite makeup looks from Nabila K.
Look 1: Flapper-Inspired
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, “The Great Gatsby”
Style yourself like a modern-day flapper if you’re looking for something classic, unexpected, and chic this summer. Look no further than F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby” and this 1920’s-inspired Vogue photoshoot featuring Karen Elson.
To emulate this look, you’ll need a dark red lip and silvery-grey eyelids.
To get started, try Nabila K’s new all-natural lipsticks in two different shades of red:
- “Plateaux” and “Plumberry” are both highly-moisturizing and long-lasting. While not ultra-bright traditional reds, these berry-colored lipsticks create a perfect dark-hued look and can be layered for vibrancy.
- For lipstick that stays, try lining your lips with the “Brick” lip pencil to create the perfect foundation.
- For that extra bit of gloss and shine, finish off your look with Nabila K’s “Madrid” lip gloss.
- To complete the look, make up your eyes with the “Silver Linings” eyeshadow palette.
Look 2: Retro and Girly
Take a cue from Kim Novak in Joshua Logan’s 1956 film adaptation of William Inge’s play, “Picnic.” To be the most beautiful girl at the party, you’ll need just a few items from Nabila K, and with just a little bit of effort, you can evoke a vintage, nostalgic type of glamour.
For your eyes, you’ll want to try:
- Classic “Understated” False Eyelashes. These will add extra fullness to your lashes without diverting attention away from the rest of your look.
- Nabila K’s Ultra-Black Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen is ideal for lining your upper eyelid. This will give you a kittenish look that won’t overwhelm your entire eye.
- An eyebrow pencil to fill in and darken any sparse areas.
- A natural eyeshadow that is feminine and not too harsh, like the blush-hued “Pebbles” palette. It’s wonderful for blending and layering or can be worn on its own. Try mixing with similar colors such as Nabila K’s “Faith” or “Bark.”
For your lips:
- Velvet Crush lipstick: the toned-down salmon color is just the right mix of girly pink and coral. Your lips will feel like a delicious Creamsicle. Make sure to rub just a bit of lipstick onto your cheeks for that extra hint of color.
That Additional Little Something:
- To finish off this look, paint your nails with pink lacquer.
Look 3: Keep it Classic
Our third look is really up to you: to capture the beauty of an Impressionist painting, look to Claude Monet’s “Luncheon on the Grass” for inspiration. While the faces are not clearly seen, there’s a remarkable glamour that only exists within 19th-century artworks.
- Mimic your natural surroundings and embellish your eyes with Nabila K’s earthy, pale green “Mushroom” eyeshadow palette.
- Try a natural shade of lipstick that adds just a hint of color, like Nabila K’s “Shrimp.”
For every piece of makeup needed to create all the aforementioned looks, look no further than the links below:
(Photographs of Nabila K’s “Plateaux” lipstick and “Pebbles” eyeshadow are featured above)