Caring For Your Skin This Winter
Skin Care During the Winter Months
It is absolutely essential to take certain steps towards self-care in order to keep one’s healthy, youthful glow. Our epidermis is the body’s largest organ, so let’s pamper it!
- Moisturizing is key! Baby, it’s cold outside…but the heat inside (especially steam heat) is incredibly drying and can leave one’s thirsty skin in complete need of rejuvenation. Moisturizing with a good, organic cream is ideal: For your body, look no further than Nabila K’s Nomad Spice Body Lotion with shea butter and olive oil. “If your skin feels as if it has been out in the desert, treat it to the oasis of all-natural moisturizers in Nomad Spice Body Lotion.”
If you thought shea butter and olive oil were restorative and moisturizing, this body lotion is also infused with pomegranates. It “combines the heady spice of thyme with the aroma of pomegranates. Once carried by the nomads in desert caravans because of its thirst-quenching abilities, the pomegranate lends its hydrating ability to this silky-smooth body lotion.” For more information (including pricing, sizes—travel and standard—consult NabilaK.com).
- Olive Oil has numerous health benefits, is a major staple in the Mediterranean diet and is loaded with antioxidants.
- Shea Butter is wonderful for the skin as it helps boost collagen production. It also provides us with fatty acids that are essential for maintaining a youthful appearance.
Lip Balm, Creams and Body Scrubs
- There is nothing more irritating (literally) or unavoidable during the winter months than chapped lips. It is imperative that we keep our lips hydrated and protected from damaging elements such as extreme wind and sun.
- Nabila K’s Organic Acai Lip Balm is “infused with vitamins, antioxidants, and moisturizers to revitalize and beautify even the most damaged lips.” All Nabila K lip balms are paraben, petrolatum, and phthalate free; they are also never tested on animals.
- The acai berry is a “superfruit” that is said to have tremendous healing properties and was first discovered in the Amazon rainforest.
- Nabila K’s Hummingbird/Nightingale Set of day and night creams is the luxurious combination of moisturizing creams that you need this winter (and all year). The Hummingbird Day Cream is an essential primer for makeup as it is gentle enough to use on your face and is filled with all-natural ingredients such as calendula oil and aloe. With rose and white willow bark extracts, this cream is light, smooth, and beautifully scented.
- Nabila K’s Nightingale Night Cream nourishes and moisturizes as you sleep. With Vitamins B, C, and E, this cream helps to tone, repair, and rejuvenate your skin while you catch up on your beauty sleep. The growth of new skin cells will help tired skin to look refreshed with the aid of calendula oil and white willow bark extract. These products can be purchased separately or as a set; consult NabilaK.com for more information.
- Finally, a good body scrub is just as important as a moisturizer when it comes to keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. It’s crucial to scrub away dead skin cells at the end of the day in order to feel fresh and invigorated.
- Nabila K’s Organic Honey Shea Body Scrub is ideal for winter; the “radiance enhancing scrub and moisturizers help skin become soft, supple and luminous.” With all-natural ingredients and “natural antibacterial and anti-microbial wound healing properties,” Nabila K’s Honey Shea Body Scrub is the perfect bath or shower companion. With organic cane sugar, essential oils, and Vitamin C, this scrub will not only delight the senses but also nourishes and soothes the skin.
For further details regarding Nabila K’s skin care products and ingredients mentioned in this blog, visit NabilaK.com along with the websites listed below: